Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's The Time To Become A Practical Leader

Doing an assignment about Management.
Not really interested in this subject but after my course junior told me that she is willing to know more about Management, the way she thinks has attracted me to think twice.


RAKAN is going to be an association, again. It is going to involve a group of people to organize a series of social activities.
It includes the university students, the villagers, the NGOs, the professionals and the public as well.
Different languages, different nationalities, different backgrounds, different cultures, different opinions, different ages, different education levels....and so on.


It really examines the management skills of all of the members.
We are all volunteers, we don't have funds to conduct our social works.
But we are really passion in caring the community, especially, the disadvantages one.
The new project that we are going to do is about the indigenous, who are facing the stress from the mega development project.


I always believe that the university students are actually interested to participate in such grassroot-based programme.
But in my observation, I notice the main problem is the existing programmes are too limited.
They don't have the opportunity to express their concerns and their abilities.
The group of self-called leader didn't even listen to those "marginalized".


I am putting effort in raising the awareness and enhancing the interest of everyone of them.
I have to push myself to be able to become a "leader".
I don't like to become a leader because it shows STATUS, in my opinion.
I prefer to become friends of them, rather than a leader.


However, I titled myself as a "coordinator".
To run a project, someone has to become the head of it.
To make a project success, I have to become a good leader of them.
To sustain a project, I have to train the new blood to continue it for years.


It's the time to become a PRACTICAL leader.
They prefer to see what you have done rather than just listen to what you did.


Not everyone is willing to plan for ten years time.
The reason for me doing so is because I am really serious in doing these things.


Together With You.
Hopefully you will always be with me, and the helpless community also.

No comments: