Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Seminar on "Nano-tech Innovation: Design, and Planning Principles"

Attended a seminar at 2.30pm.
The presenter is an Alumni of Howard.
Specialized in training CEO of tomorrow. (hehe, cos he always mention on how to become a competitive CEO)

I used to heard of the term "nanotech" before.
So I paid full attention in his presentation.
He told us that one of the best raw nanotech Chrystalline Silicon (cSi) in the world could be found in Terengganu, Malaysia.

He tried to relate nanotech to buildings, perhaps planning field.
I can understand what he is trying to say.
Although one of my lecturer disagree with his presentation especially about global warming issue and not direct link to urban planning.

Well, in my opinion, he is not from the planning field, no wonder he can't convince us much.
I have asked a few questions although my poor English expression sometimes not really make him understand what I am trying to ask.

I realized that
he is trying to avoid telling us the negative facts that Nanotech could bring to us
perhaps he want to stand to the positive side of it rather than the negative that I could imagine.

I noticed the powerful of Nanotech, frankly speaking.
As a planner, perhaps also as a human being, however, it's better to compare both.
If the people misuse it, it will harm all of us!

We may live forever without die through the change of DNA.
The buildings will not be destroyed.
and else.
(perhaps we may be killed by someone using Nanotech)

Forgot to argue with him about the security of the nations.
When talking about the technology, I'll always worry about this.

However, at least I get this information from you, my Professor.
Remember when you asked who know about Nanotech, there was no one raise his hand up?
Next time when you come back, I'll tell you I knew it.
Perhaps I have to prepare to debate with you for the next time when we meet again.

No comments: