Wednesday, October 15, 2008

讲师教授 Lecturers

8am Lectures on Management.
We finished the lecture on Self-Confidence, Integrity and Management.
Continue the next lecture on Conflict Management.

Accoring to Thomas and Kilmann, there are 5 main styles of dealing with conflict.
1. Competitive
2. Collaborative
3. Compromising
4. Accommodating
5. Avoiding

Don't be too serious, I just want to take note...

* * *

Rural planning taught about Sustainable Community.
According to Pepperdine (2003), it includes
1. Environmental Issues
2. Political Presentation
3. Employment Opportunities
4. Presene of Leaders and Vibrant People
5. Active Presentation
6. Meeting Places
7. Community Activities
8. Communication
9. Accepting of Difference
10. Economic Viability
11. Sense of Future
12. Maintenance of Services and Facilities
13. Maintenance of Population
14. Cooperation
15. Neighborliness
16. Community Mindedness
17. Sense of Community Belonging
18. Even Age Structure

* * *

Went to Dr.N's room with some of them to negotiate about the Friday studio presentation and Dr.A's funeral.
A bit disappointed that we can't go Putrajaya.
Many of us are a bit emotional.
We have to work very hard for today and tomorrow to finish up the power point and executive sumary, perhaps including the A1 and A0 size panels.
And, we can't go Putrajaya!!!
He tried to persuade us with his points, and I tried to tell him our planning.
Failed. Disappointed.
Monday will be external presentation, where the invited lecturers will come to assess us.
Is it important to protect "our face" rather than attending the funeral?

Also, KBPT may be demolished tomorrow at 9am...
Many bad things happen recently, but I don't have the time to settle myself and make good decisions.
I just keep on adjust myself, to adapt all the changes.
But this is unhealthy, physically or psychologically.
This will bring me stressful.

I wish
I wish this tight and very extreme moment can be pass as soon as possible
I worry I cannot manage myself more than that...

* * *

Dr. T taught about Input-Output Analysis using Microsoft Excel.
He is a Japanese and his way of giving lectures is very funny to me.
His English is full with Japanese slang
Takes time to understand his lecture but just now I used an effective way to learn: asking questions
Yeah, good job!

No comments: